Frédéric Bruly Bouabré, 1995, Vital Use, museum in progress, Der Standard, 27-04-1995, p. 25, newspaper multiple
* LA TERRE SITUÉE AU CENTRE DE L'UNIVERS ASTRAL EST ICI INTÉGRÉE DANS L'ENSEMBLE ESPACE INFINI MISE EN "NOIR".
Frédéric Bruly Bouabré's encyclopaedic work blurs the borders of life and art. The artist himself sees Bouabré as a microbusinessman who earns a living and aims for a love for mankind through people themselves. Asked several years ago, "What is art?" he answered with ten points.Â
1. The good word, the wise saying which entertains the author and his "nearest", that is art.
2. Consistently good conduct in a community in which one is, that is art.
3. To be able to cultivate the soil to feed oneself and one's family or people, that is art.
4. To be able to cook in the service of health, that is art.
5. To be able to build a house, that is art.
6. To be able to make pottery, that is art.
7. To be able to build models, that is art.
8. To be able to weave, knit, tie knots, that is art.
9. To be able to set traps, hunt (animals, fish) that is art.
10. This all means to drive on and stimulate good aims which are called up; to ensure that in all places where "science" successfully makes noble progress in leaps and bounds, art or rather aesthetics does not lag behind.
From: Jahresring 38 "Der öffentliche Blick", published by Kasper König and Hans-Ulrich Obrist.